Thank you for your patience and dedication to the Drama Company as we navigate new waters. The cast lists for both shows are attached, and we have faith that we will have two AMAZING, HIGH QUALITY shows.
Just a reminder, everyone is in the ensemble for both shows.
Please note: The acro and tap teams will be utilized from the original casting of NEW HOLLYWOOD CITY. There will also be some new, small ensembles created for ANYTHING GOES and DROWSY CHAPERONE. This will happen during rehearsal.
If you have not joined the Google Classroom, please to do so to accept your role by 9:30 AM tomorrow.
1. Parent/Student Meeting - You are required to attend the meeting tomorrow night Wednesday, January 24th at 7:00 PM in the cafeteria in order to accept your role. Your parent/guardian will sign off on contracts and required documents in order to participate
2. Casting - As always, the casting process is difficult. There will always be a mix of reactions, but this show gives ALL OF YOU the most stage time that we can offer. There will not be another show like this until 2023. If you skip your rehearsals or miss too many rehearsals, we will remove you from your parts, so other students can get the opportunity. We are holding a very high standard for this show.
3. Casting Spreadsheet - Due to quick turnaround, the casting spreadsheet will look complex and different from previous cast lists. It is broken down by individual. A different version of the cast list will be created once everyone accepts their part at the Parent/Student Meeting.
4. Director Blocking - Mr. Parr, Ms. Lorenz, Ms. Gonzalez, Mr. Korbelak, and Ms. Hackett have divided the songs among each other to block and develop. We will reveal who is in charge of what numbers at the Parent/Student Meeting.
5. Other Opportunities - There will be some other opportunities that occur throughout the rehearsal process to feature more students. Please continue to be professional as you are always on audition.
6. Tap/Acro Team - We will have special workshops for these teams to learn combos and skills to incorporate into various musical numbers.
Key for Songs:
Here they are! Both vocal and dance callbacks are in the document below. Please follow the instructions carefully.
If you were not called back, that does not mean you will not get a part or cast. We just do not need to see more of you at this time.
Also, please try your best on songs you were called back for. We may be considering you for other parts based on the callback piece.
There will callback information sessions and workshops during Panther Hour. We strongly encourage that you attend. Obviously, this does not apply to Middle School students from Annapolis and Bates.
We are officially unveiling the audition packet! Copies of select sections will be available after break, but we are not printing the entire packet due to size. Please use your digital resources.
It is imperative that you join the Google Classroom and follow all instructions very carefully.
The below information can also be found on the NEW HOLLYWOOD CITY landing page.
Google Classroom Code: nkoz1n3
Note:You MUST use your AACPS student code login to gain access into Google Classroom. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Questions? Email email@example.com
Student specific or private questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here it is! Please report to Room 124 right after school to start your evening in preparation for Lost in Narnia.
If you need to leave for part of the 2:30 PM - 5:45 PM time frame, please complete an absence form and let Mr. Parr or Ms. Lorenz know ASAP.
If you are in the cast, crew, or production staff of LOST IN NARNIA, please complete a bio. Use the example as a model. If your bio is inappropriate, it will simply, NOT appear in the program.
Thank you and have a nice day :-),
Hello Cast and Crew of LOST IN NARNIA,
If you are interested in buying a LOST IN NARNIA t-shirt, please complete this form by November 11th, 2017. We're getting t-shirts early this year!